Thursday, September 20, 2007

Week 3 picks

In honor of Jones predictions, I think I will start making mine public as well. Not nearly as exciting a weekend as last but still some good games and some better value. On to the picks...


Thursday

Texas A&M vs Miami -3

The Thursday Night Theory will be in full effect tonight. The Theory for those of you who aren't familiar, is to always take the home team on ESPN's headline Thursday night game. I developed this postulate during the 2005 season and it was proven to be a theory last season when it went 13-2. This year the theory is 1-1-1 with a push last week. Cincy demolished Oregon St. in week 2 and Mississippi St. looked like a JV team in week 1 vs LSU, although Glen Dorsey can make many men look like boys.
I came about this idea while watching the drunken weeknight student sections go crazy for their teams. Small stadiums seem suffocating and home underdogs thrive. It is especially dangerous early in the year when smaller conference schools host BCS conference institutions (see Cincy week 2) The public plays the favorite or ranked team on the road and watch as their picks go down in flames.
Tonights game is no different. Aggies come in ranked and Miami was horrible last year and got drilled on the road at Oklahoma a couple weeks ago. Wouldn't you want to get points with the better team?? The Makers are begging for you to take the points (and so am I) so I can get max value for my home team


2 comments:

Jones said...

Strong Thursday night selection, Dr. Gray. My night float schedule and innate hatred of the Canes prevented me from hopping on that gravy train. I've sent my weekly e-mail and will post the text to this blog soon.

I take it that only those invited can read the picks? No matter, free money all around.

Jones said...

Yo, Aaron. I think I need to be invited to be an author in order to create a new post. If you prefer I can just post my stuff as a comment. Whatever, just let me know.